Friday, March 13, 2009

TrAnSfOrM!!!



The thing I love about 29ers and my cross bike is that they are so versatile. For example, I still have not received my magical frame to build the GDR bike, and I don't want to take the Fixed Black apart and make it geared, so instead, I'm taking the skinnies off my cross and putting the fatties back on. Switch the stem around, put either Cross bars, or Moustache bars If I got them here in time and presto, I got a capable bikepacking off road machine. Seems fitting since the next route I take will have a fair amount of pavement, should help me make some time having the smaller cogs and bigger rings. My next bike packing trip will take me from my house to Croom and then back home, riding across Santos in the process. The interesting part of that trip will be the new nutrition strategy I plan to test since there will be plenty of refueling opps along the way. BUT, I want to find the dirt road from St. Francis to Paisley, so tomorrow morning, for a test run I plan to take the cross out just to see if I can finally connect the satellite lines and find what I tried to find a couple of weekends ago. Should be fun, but a long trip and I only got a couple of hours tomorrow to do it. I also put my seat and my post from the war machine on to the cross since that seat is a lot more comfortable then the one that was on the bike now. Should be a good time, I will let you know how it went.






Enjoy,
Laters,
LOS

1 comment:

Treadlight said...

I thought your bike will transfor like the Autobots.