Wednesday, March 11, 2009

KoAcH KaRLoS' KoRnEr

Karlos,
I am a Cross country racer. Been doing it for a couple of years, but I can never seem to get in front and run with the fastest of the bunch. I almost feel like I am wasting my time training, cause as soon as I get on the the start line, I know that they guys who are winning are too fast for me to hang with. Got any idea for helping me get in the lead group.

Thanks,

Middle Pack mentality

MPM,
Although I don't race the short races, it was at one point my Obsession. I do know a thing or two about it.
1. All XC racers that train hard have about the same speed and capability.
2. It doesn't matter if your fast or slow if the guy is in front of you, he will always seem to be going faster.
3. The sprint at the start is the key to winning the race, go as hard as you can, and catch your breath later.

What ultimately got me on the podium when racing the short race, was a change in mental attitude. For years I had the same mentality as you that I could NEVER get in the Lead group.
And for years I never did. Then my wife, introduced me to a book and I recommend you or anyone read it for that matter. The Four agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz. I would sit here in detail and tell you all about it, but that would defeat the purpose. Read that book. I read that book, and made the podium and got overall awards after racing bicycles for YEARS. All it took was a mental shift, and maybe that is all you need as well.

Thanks,

Karlos

If you have any or desire any advice on any subject, I assure you I am no expert but I will gladly give you some. Email me at Nakedindian99 at aol dot com.

Enjoy,
Laters,
LOS

No comments: