Wednesday, March 04, 2009

KoAcH KaRLoS' KoRnEr

This handy dandy little web page that is called my blog has existed for about three years or so. Its a journal of my adventures a place to express my opinions and an outlet for me to share my experiences.

In the past year a lot more has come out of my site. Since I have gone through improvement and changes over the past year, coincidentally enough, I have had emails from strangers and kind folk asking for advice, both for physical and nutritional.

Now after typing the same responses over and over again, I decided that maybe its best that I share there letters with the world and my responses as well.

Interesting enough, some of these emails asking for advice have nothing to do with cycling as well. I have become a virtual guru on advice giving.

So in the tradition of Dear Abby I will kick of the NEW Wednesday Tradition of Koach Karlos' Korner.

This week the email I got reads:

Mr. Indian,
I am expecting my tax return here in a couple of weeks. Even though its a good chunk of change I'm still not trying to spend needlessly, ya know with the economy and all. I want to know what would be your best advice for me, a weekend warrior, to get the most out of my riding. I ride dirt trails on Saturday and Road on Sunday so I can get back quick to be with my family. But, Over the years, I have noticed that my buddies keep getting faster and I keep ending up at the end of the group. Plus after reading about all your trips I'm interested in maybe sneaking away for a weekend and riding from town to town, but ya know, I'm not quite there physically. If I had to choose one upgrade what would you suggest? Better bike set up, currently riding, entry level specialized hardrock and allez, better shoes, better shorts, basically Im looking for an idea of what to do, cause I feel clueless.

Thanks,

Clueless in Central Florida.(That is not the name he wrote, but no need for me to put anyones name out there)


Mr. Clueless,
This answer is simple as pie. You got some cash laying around, you want to be more comfortable and get faster the easiest dollar upgrade you can do is get a Wobble Naught Fit done. Other people go to other guys and get Fits done, but I only know and trust and swear by the Wobble Naught Fit. On top of that I only know and trust and swear by Matt Goforth with On your Mark Cycling down in Palm Beach Gardens Florida. I heard about Wobble Naught from Harvey Minton and his raving review. I contacted Eddie O to do one, but was not Fiscally capable at the time. I then heard that Matt Goforth started doing them locally and met up with him in Gainesville to have the fit done. This was back in 2007 and I wish I would have done it in 2000. It is the number one upgrade I made that year and the best upgrade I have made to boost both my comfort, my power and speed, the second of course is dropping an extra 40lbs of weight.

The number one mistake most cyclist make is thinking that this Fit is for a person who is only racing bikes. However, they are mistaken, this fit gives you comfort and power to ride all day. Stacks your bones and sets you up via laser measurements to get you on your bike performing at your optimal level. People go out and buy titanium this and carbon fiber that, but if your poorly fitted to your ride, you may go fast, but you will not be able to perform at your optimum level. I ride a one gear bike with one fixed gear and fly by guys with 27 gears and all the squishness in the world and I give a huge part of that ability to my wobble naught fit. Not only can I ride fast, but I dont have sore knees anymore, nor lower back issues even when I am loaded down with 20 extra pounds. And although people consider me the racer type, truth be told I am a weekend warrior just like you with the same obligations and a full time 50 hour a plus week job. And I still go ride with guys that ride every single day and smoke them on the trail without even putting in my maximum effort. Dont think twice about it, call Matt Goforth at 561 694 6090. Not only is he a real deal true and hardcore cyclist, but he is a good guy that cares about your progression, skills and comfort. On top of that Matt Goforth is a full supporter of the Naked Indian rides the Great Divide initiative and any person that gets a fit done and mentions that he heard about it or was referred by me, he makes a donation to my Great divide attempt in 2010.

Keep in touch,

Karlos.

Real deal exchange there folks, Go do it, my best advice to you, is get a fit done.

Enjoy,
Laters,
LOS

1 comment:

Treadlight said...

Good read.
You are absolutely correct regarding the best upgrade a bike rider can get---proper bike fit.