Monday, March 30, 2009

ReJuVeNNatIOn: TaTOo HuNtiNg

I take my prep serious.
Just as meticulous as I am in searching for a dirty route to a location, I give the same level of attention to anything I get involved with.
So when It was time to bleed and make a small sacrifice to the creator by ritual body marking, I did some calling ahead and some researching and some prep work.
Ask yourself, without specific knowledge how do you pick a tattoo artist. Do you go by portfolio's? I mean who's to say or prove its even their work? I like to go by the old gangster process of vouching. I want someone to point to them and say, "hey I have seen that guy or been tattooed by that guy and he indeed can put ink into skin safely and with a degree of talent." That is the qualifier I use cause I go into a place and pretty much tell them what I am going to get anyways so their style never really played into what I needed when it came to all my other previous body markings.
So, a couple of days before I spoke with the most tattooed person I know and he recommended a particular guy. I could not get a hold of that guy so I attempted another one he recommended. I called that place asked for that guy, spoke to who I thought was that guy, made an appointment with that guy, showed up on Saturday after much arrangement making to meet up with him only to discover I had been speaking to the wrong guy all along.
OK, NOT super happy about that. We grab our things and walk out.
As we are walking out we stand by the Car WP and I and discuss our options. At this point I am ready to pull the plug, figuring it was just not meant to be, but she recommends that since we are out here lets go around and take a look and some other places, look at portfolios and get a feel for whats out there.
I take her to every place I know in the immediate area, and we stop at places that we just see along the way. She is impressed by some of the art, but at the same time not impressed by the actual shop, found one place that was OK, explored some price quotes. Were moving along and decided to head deeper into the Orlando area towards downtown where there are a couple of more places I am familiar with.
We step into a place Called Axiom tattoo which I have shopped at before when it was called Exotica. And one artist portfolio catches her eye. We start looking, and she likes it and we speak to him tell him our ideas and next thing you know, what we thought was going to be a no go turned into a go. And we are sitting getting tattooed. She had hers done first and then I had mines done and it wasn't till 2am till we left the building.
We called Maggi and met up with him he had just finished a Djing Gig in downtown.
Now I have been downtown plenty of times. Have seen what our economic climate has done for events and holidays. Halloween was extra special and nice this year, Christmas as well, seemed like everyone was more giving and appreciative. BUT, the mood that lingered in the air in downtown Orlando seemed to reek of desperation and the energy in the air was disturbing. As soon as we got out of the car and made our way to the spot to grab a quick bite a huge brawl broke out between 4 guys. They were swinging and kicking for the fences as they were unleashing their rage on one another. Then out of nowhere some guy jumps in to attempt to stop the debacle and he ends up getting clobbered in the face and punched a couple of times. I have no idea why this man felt the need to do that, but I really felt for him and his attempts to play the role of good Samaritan. As everything was going down, Maggii and I had instinctively backed up the Warrior Princess into a doorway, cause honestly we didn't know what was gonna happen with this melee that had ensued in the middle of the street. Eventually it died down and it seemed the only one who suffered most was the poor guy who tried to stop the fight.
Advice to anyone in the future, stay out of it, not worth it, none of your business, leavem be.
O well, eventually we made it home, right before Sunrise, mission accomplished, feeling rejuvenated.
We both now have new Art work upon our Flesh, and I am still contemplating if I should share a pic of it or not. If I do you will see it soon.

Laters,

LOS

No comments: