Wednesday, August 26, 2009

ConVeRSaTiOnS

Insight into actual conversations I have had in the past couple of days.....

With My Youngest Son:

Liller Naked Indian: Papa, I am stuck at school....

ME: Why? What's Up?

LllRNK: Well, I was riding my bike, and I look down at the tire, and there was a bubble, and I was just like, well I will keep riding, and then it exploded...

ME: a Bubble?

LllRNK: ya, a bubble and then it made a loud pop.

ME: well I guess you will have to walk home...

LllRNK: Well, Nick's Mom is gonna give me a ride...

ME: Ok, kool, just call me when you get home, I will look at it when I get home...

LllRNK: Ok, LOVE You Bye...

ME: Love you MORE....

Turns out he blew a sidewall on that front tire of his... LOL, thank god I found another in the attic, now he has two rear wheels one in front one in back...

Actual conversation with my Blog Stat Coordinator and traffic research personnel:

BSCTR: Well, we've been looking at the numbers lately Karlos and we have noticed an interesting trend.

ME: Ya? whats that?

BSCTR: Well, we have been asking how often people visit the blog and why?

ME: Really? What have you found out?

BSCTR: Well the people who like you check your blog about 3 times a day, reason being, to read what your gonna write next...

ME: Interesting... What else?

BSCTR: The people who dont like you, check your blog 10 times a day, reason being to read what your gonna write next....

ME: Wow, go figure, maybe I should piss people off more...

BSCTR: Thats what the stats are showing, Karlos, you need to be more of a pompous JERK, turn it up a notch...

ME: I thought I was doing a pretty good job? I will try harder...

Conversation with my Koach:

Koach: Brother, I dont recommend you do this fixie, you will most likely implode.

ME: When don't I implode.

Koach: good point, but this is an important event and you always seem to pull it off when its important, Look at PMBAR, sure you guys finished last, but you didn't quit or cramp or puke.

ME: Ya your right, I didn't. Well, I want that record, I want to have my name up in Blog Lights for years to come, cause c'mon, Me and like three other off road fixie guys in the state and that's it.... And I hardly consider myself an off road fixie guy but I can do it...

Koach: Let's just focus on riding the bike you will ride at the Tour Divide someday and go for it... Do this for me... Just ride this ride 18 speed, then you can go back a month or two later and snatch the fixie record...

ME: How bout I do it the other way, Ride this ride fixie, take my time, hang out, and then go back another time and do it gearey...

Koach: Because the PEOPLE want to see you beat Rob Roberts and Dark-horses, that's why?

ME: Do they really? What does the Fan Club say?? Can we get a hold of the president, the Warriors Princess?

Koach: she says they don't care as long as you have gratuitous pictures of you shirtless while doing the ride... They also want to know when you will start posting Naked pics, they feel your advertising falsely by saying your the Naked Indian, yet your only half naked...

Me: Really? Well, Let's Flip a coin...

Koach: Nah, let's not and say we did...

ME: c'mon, heads fixie, tails, gearey...

Koach: just to quiet your face, I will flip a coin....

Me: Ok...

coin flips and lands... Koach catches it and flips it over and the result is.......

You will find out....

Laters,

The NaKeD InDiaN

4 comments:

Jimbo said...

Hey, if GPS's are non-essential, are you going to post a cue sheet for the route? If not, then I'm thinking GPS is essential equipment.

Karlos said...

GPS' are non essential. There is not gonna be a cue sheet. The GPX files are on the Map section of the CFITT blog, link is on the right. Download google earth, download the route, and then zoom in and m ake your own cue sheet.

Thats it, either GPS it with a unit, or google earth the route and zoom in and do the work, When the route was originally put together we did it using cue sheets, but both Rob and myself have GPS units now so no need for Cue sheets any longer.

We can draw any route we want and load it up and go, its accurrate and saves lots of time with the cue sheets.

Hope you make it, got another competitor considering a cross bike, maybe you can go out there and show him how its done, Throw your hat in the ring, its gonna be pure fun!

BTW, feel free to email me anytime
Nakedindian99 at aol dot com

FACTOReTRANSFORMZ said...

what hours is the swimming place open that we have to buy the swim pass?

Karlos said...

Daytime hours... 8am to sundown... patient pace it took us four hours to get there last time, everyone should make it during daylight, if not, then they will have to camp and wait till the morning...LOL