Thursday, August 27, 2009

PeDAL, PEDaL, PeDAL, C'MoN LoS!!

Rides elevation profile


After work last night, groggy and tired, I slowly suited up for my "prep" ride....

I got to admit, the entire time, my body was telling me to just go sit on the couch. BUT, I dont want to suffer awfully at the CFiTT so I am prepping all I can...

I mapped a ride which combined my hilly road ride, with the Cassadega loop with the longest dirt sections of the Naked Indian ride and went for it.

Rolled out at 7 something PM. I started the ride thinking, Man I'm just gonna sight see and cruise. 3 miles into it, I was marveling at my pace and spinning my legs at a quick cadence. I get sucked in so easily...

I was at 10 miles when I hit the first dirt section, and I breezed up the climb out of it no problems, I can already see the Clermont rides are paying off. At the20 mile mark, I was looking at the time, 850pm, I want to make Placid road before 9pm, made it by 856... Then I said to myself, hmm 9pm, I want to make Range road the start of the long dirt section before 930pm. Made it by 924pm.

Range road was a mess, gigantic puddles everywhere, I had to zig zag on my Psyclocross bike the entire way. Going from one side to another, occasionally having to tread water. The road is slightly inclined, when I hit the dirt my avg speed was 16.1mph, but this road, was mushy and I felt my tires sinking at times, but I kept the pedals turning.

Cleared that section and Immediately increased my tempo to try and up my avg speed again which had dropped to 15.5 mph. I hit the longest dirt section and mashed the big ring the entire time. But its a long section and the best I could muster was 11.5 mph when I glanced at the etrex.

I kept that pace going, improvising, zig zaggin, occasionally treading gigantic puddles. Soaked wet, marveling at the scents I always encounter on my rides. Is that sweetgrass I smell? Is that Jasmine?

At the same time, I was reminiscing on the Last Ride W.P. and I did thru that section, thinking about all the good times we had. Also thinking about how much I love my cross bike, I can road ride, I can off road ride, the bitch just puts out. Also thinking how much I will miss Deltona when I move away, I love that I have the perfect training area for the CFiTT, roads and dirt roads and trails all out the front door.

Finally I made it out that section and I hit the road and went into time trial mode. I was hypnotized by the spinning of my legs almost to the point that I ended up going off the road. Turning the cranks, saying to myself, Pedal, Pedal, Pedal, c'mon LOS...

Made it to the house, 39 miles as it was originally mapped, 37 something gps miles, 2 hours and 30 something minutes, not bad after a 12 hour workday...

I enjoy life,

Laters,

The NaKeD InDiaN

5 comments:

FACTOReTRANSFORMZ said...

Reading this makes me excited about having the cross bike put together in <2 weeks - I can't wait to go test it out at croom and see what hell I am in for trying to ride it through the sand.

The hills of clermont await as well...I can't wait to climb up the legand climb of FL and become a member of the sugar hill gang

Karlos said...

ya clermont is good....I love that place, its the one of the few places I enjoy road riding at.

i want to do that dung beatle ride, maybe i can find the Gpx file of it and go do it...

Luis G. said...

AWWW guys kissed and made up! NOHOMO... LOL!

Karlos said...

hmmmmm....Ya....Hmmmm No...This is business, Never personal...

FACTOReTRANSFORMZ said...

I want the guy that does the movie trailers voice "In a World..where bikes and dirt and sweat collide...egos run rampant...This time it's not personal...it's all business"