Friday, August 28, 2009

MyMiNdSMaDEUp!

With only a month and twelve days or so from the big event, my mind is made up. My preparation time table is on schedule. My equipment and packing plan is solid. My nutritional strategy is set as well as my break schedule. Also, I got plan A's and plan B's are all made up.

So, now comes the hard part. Keeping my mouth shut about my plans and my strategies. Im pretty proud of myself for sticking to my workouts and ride schedule.

I will tell You this. Im leaving alot to fate. I think steady will win the race and thats my plan. Let's see if it works. I dont know If I will have the fastest strategy But, there are so many skills going into this event that, my strategy may be the winning one that will net me the fastest overall time. October 10th will be exciting.

If anyone is looking for a safe place in Paisley to park their car,I have a local who will let u park on her property for $20 bucks for a 48 hour period. Anything more than that You can negotiate with her directly.

Good stuff, more Prep rides and workouts before the big day as well as some undercover rides that I will let you all know after I complete them...

Enjoy your weekend,

The NaKeD InDian

2 comments:

Todd S. said...

Got some questions for you on the event. I really like the looks of it; it's basically an off-road brevet. I like the use of photographs instead of manned checkpoints. www.rusa.org is geared towards road events, but the concept is similar.

Anyway, I have some questions on the course itself. I'm guessing it's mostly double track/dirt road stuff but you mention there is single track as well. Is a rigid fork OK to ride this or is a shock more advisable? Not that I will be there for this year as I'm not in shape for it yet, but wondering for the next.

Karlos said...

It is about 60 miles of single track, 40 miles of pavement, that includes road and bike path, the rest is forest road, double track or unimproved forest road.

The route is there, you can ride it anytime tour it, its very nice to see that side of florida.

Rigid fork, Ya, rode it rigid many times.