Thursday, August 13, 2009

FoR ThE LoVE

I'm excited. This weekend, I get to have a nice relaxing four day weekend. I get to blow off some steam, relax, take it easy, AND I get to see the W.P. And Choco Brown.

On top of that, I get to indulge one of the Four Sacred arts of cycling.

Sacred arts of cycling? WTF is that? Well I will explain.

To me I have Four things I love about cycling and why its a sport I have done now for 10 years.

1. Riding and Shredding, the two go together.
2. Exploring ( making new routes, riding new places)
3. Touring and adventuring (aka bikepacking traveling by your own power whether you camp or hotel camp is irrelevant to me)
4. Bike Building.

Today I will take the 13in red and white S works and make it into a single speed for Choco Brown. I will head to the shop immediately after work and take that bike and make it into a one geared thing of beauty. It does have Vertical drop outs, but I have become an expert in the sacred art of the magic gear and will not need a tensioner.

Im excited! Then I got to get home and clean off my bike and pack my bags for my weekend getaway. So that tomorrow I can Spend time with my two Little Naked Indians before I drop them off and head out of town.

After that, I will work a whopping 20 days straight before I take another official day off. Not excited about that, but thats the reality of my current existance.

I am contemplating how I am going to prepare for the CFiTT. I dont have the real time or to "train" so I call it "preparing". So how will I prepare? Im thinking LONG rides in my favorite place to ride in Florida, Clermont. Maybe even daily rides, when I work out of the Orlando office and go out there and do some miles in that beautiful part of the state. Get in "shape" for whats to come.

As well, I will not be Racing on the 10th of October. I have decided that I will do it before then so I can Course Marshall and take pics when the historic day is upon us.

Which, leads me to my next topic. The rules of the ITT. The rules are laid out, but I will be typing up a way for individuals to score there run. Now people who are using GPS type of units will not necessarily have to worry because they will be able to submit there files to verify that they have completed the route as it is currently laid out. All competitors, will have to take pictures of particular key landmarks and perform task that will be video taped in order to verify that they completed the route and thus are being kept "HONEST". It would be Grand if everyone would just abide by the honor code, but as I am quickly learning, when it comes to people, many have twisted concepts of what it means to be honorable.

Take care, Find the Shred,

Laters,

The NaKeD InDiaN

3 comments:

mksandoz said...

riding every day is for people that are not naturally gifted.

GPS files can be edited by anyone that knows how to use Notepad.

Karlos said...

I never knew mike, good points... I guess we will have to rely on the prove your there method, but I will be out there course marshalling as well..

Karlos said...

O, LOL, I am naturally gifted with the gift of GAB, but speed, LOL, not so much..LMAO! but short time speed, im fast LOL, those first 11 miles IM mean as hell! LOL