Friday, August 21, 2009

LaSt ChAnCe

Late Edit: The spot units that the racers will use are Loaners and you do not have to own one or purchase, we will use them for the event and then return them.

I am sending the final list for the SPOT devices today.

SO if your still interested in taking a shot at this fun little ride in October, email me at Nakedindian99 at aol dot com.

If not, I understand, maybe next year.

With these SPOT devices, people at home will be able to watch the race unfold from their very own living rooms.

FUN. They can keep track of the racers progress as they make their way across the course and they can see the drama of the action as it unfolds.

We are planning as well to have a Volunteer out on course taking pictures so we can get some live photos of the days event loaded up as it happens.

Exciting stuff!

Take Care,

Laters,

The NaKeD InDiaN

7 comments:

Jimbo said...

Are SPOTs mandatory?

Karlos said...

SPOT units would be Ideal for the purpose of scoring and to prevent any dishonesty, plus its more fun for viewers. But, truth be told, if you just show up the day off, im not gonna turn you away.

Karlos said...

BTW, the SPOT units will be Loaners, you dont have to own your own, so no cost to incurr on your part. We will have some to use for the event. And then after, we return them.

Jimbo said...

My phone will do the same thing as a SPOT, so that would keep me from having to carry one more thing.

Jimbo said...

Oh and thanks for the info here and further down. I may or may not show up, and if I do, I'll be breaking a fundamental rule, doing it on cross tires. I have no choice, as my mtb is down for the count until further notice. I've ridden some pretty nasty stuff on cross tires, so I'll be ready if necessary.

Karlos said...

hope u come out and join the fun. Bring the cross, it may just mean a little extra hiking here and there but it may balance out well when u hit the hardpack section and u push that slightly bigger gearing.

hope to see u there...

Karlos

FACTOReTRANSFORMZ said...

sign me up