Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A bOOk ReVIeW??


Actually, I am kind of proud of myself. I used to devour a new book everyday but lately I have not found the time I used to make to read. My plan with that is changing and I finally after several months of non dedicated reading, finished this book.

It was actually interesting how I came across the book. When I was cleaning my Office In Deland, there it was in a drawer, so I decided to read it.

If anyone has ever seen the movie "Ghostdog" then you would recognize some of the passages from the book.

The book is a story of tales and philosophies of the Samurai. Not the easiest read I have ever completed but not the hardest either. It is a very short book that provides an insight into the Samurai way of thinking. It goes without saying that there is lots of talk of suicide and killing in the book. But it also has some interesting ways of looking at things and some interesting philosophies. Some of which I actually learned from, others which I was like, damn them brothers were hardcore.

Do I recommend it? Well, depends. If you have a deep interest in learning more about the Samurai, then I would recommend it. If not, then leave it alone, just having a tiny bit of curiosity would make this book a chore, you really have to want to know more and understand more to have the strength to finish this book.

I often don't like translations because, like they say, sometimes somethings are lost. I would say, its probably more fun to watch the movie Ghostdog instead.

Laters,

The NaKeD InDiaN


No comments: